Art Teacher? Why yes!



I decided to try my hand as a art teacher.  I had my first class and it was quite fun.  ^.^  Im set to do another class in June and looking forward to it.  I will probably look at offering private lessons and classes for other mediums in the future.

Know the joy of being 100% self taught?  You tend to have a better idea of how to teach it to beginners.  You dont know all the terms and you didnt learn the proper way.  You learn by trial and error so everything you say is in simple terms and you can explain WHY things will and wont work!

I started with watercolors because oils are expensive to start with (thus my experience is limited) but there are so many people in the area that teach acrylic because its cheap and forgiving.

To anyone that came to the class it was a pleasure to meet you, I hope you learned a lot and have a better idea of how to get started!

If you missed it in June i'll be doing two classes on the same day.  The first will be for 100% beginners, learning how, some basic methods, paper prep, and care of brushes just like the one I did today.  The NEXT class will involve using a number of those skills on a piece as a class with step by step.  This one will be for those who have the foundation but want or need some guidance on putting some of the skills to work.

Im thinking a Seascape and Mermaid piece.  It wont be MerMay anymore but its summer and just a beach?  Sounds dull.




Comments